All Banks and Government Offices will be closed, but the Shopping in Venice will Continue!
What is all Saints’ Day?
It’s a national holiday so public offices are closed (if it falls on a weekday). This Catholic holiday on November 1st every year commemorates all the martyrs and saints. The next day, the Day of the Dead, is set aside to honor deceased loved ones. Italians celebrate the two holidays together.
How to Celebrate it?
- Begin with the Halloween Celebration on October 31st.
- Go to mass if you’re up to it.
- Enjoy the fall harvest delights: roasted chestnuts, pumpkin risottos, and truffles!
- Sit down to an All Souls’ Feast with family and friends. Foods made of peas or lentils, aka Soul Food, are eaten.
- If you work in Italy, enjoy the long weekend!
- Recover from your Halloween hangover.
I will be in Venice enjoying pumpkin risotto!